It's good to keep carbs 40-50% of your diet. About 1.4 lbs. Think of all the times an average person eats a load of carbs. The only macronutrient that doesn't get bashed or cut out in diets. ), 2/3 of lean protein (Egg whites, tuna, other fish, lean red meat, skim milk, etc. Below I present a good example of a diet plan for a true natural bodybuilder who needs about 3700 calories per day. Their reasoning behind this is that 'lots of people' 'get results', by only eating 2-3 meals per day. If you weigh 200 pounds, and your approximate body fat is 10%, then you would have a lean mass of 180 lbs (200 - 10%). By eating more, and exercising more, you can burn more total fat. Muscle Milk is a great tasting protein shake, high in calories, that is perfect for a bulking diet. Always consult with a qualified healthcare professional prior to beginning any diet or exercise program or taking any dietary supplement. How many carbohydrates do you eat? To do this click on this link and enter your stats. Though, I would think it would take you about 6-8 weeks not 30 days, but I could very well be wrong. That is a basic rule. Casein Recommendation: If you're looking for a bedtime protein shake, Xtreme Formulations Ultra Peptide does the trick. Simple carbs include sugar, white bread, white potatoes, and white rice. Later on, when their body needs, and can use carbohydrates, less are consumed. Even though this name may sound bad, it's really not. The first 4 wks of the “pre-diet diet” the game-plan is simple. This diet plan knows no limits. In the first phase, your diet comprises a 30/60/10 ratio of protein, carbs and fats. This is a large part of a fairly new concept known as the 'metabolic flux'. Add a 45-pound plate to each side for each set. Carbohydrates are the prime source of fuel for exercise, as well as for the brain and nervous system. A carb blocker fills itself into carbohydrate receptor sites in the body, forcing the body to absorb fewer carbohydrates. I currently use Higher Power Micronized Creatine Monohydrate. If you're ever on the go and need a quick meal, mixing and drinking a protein shake takes seconds. The thermic effect of food is also boosted. The number you get is your target calorie consumption, the amount of calories you need to consume daily to lose weight. About 1 lb. Pre plan requirements. Aim to consume about 30 grams of protein, and 60-80 grams of carbohydrate, or .25 g/lb of protein, and .5 -.75 g/lb of carbohydrate. Choices which contain higher amounts of calories such as bananas or avocados need to be counted as part of the daily calories. If calories levels are too low, your muscle tissue stands a much bigger chance of being burned for energy. These are all foods that you may come in contact with on a day to day basis. In the perfect world we'd get all of our vitamins and minerals from the food we eat. With only eight weeks to spare before it's time sport that swimming suit, we want to shape up our diet. This is not the case however, your body can and will use nutrients every 2-3 hours. Goal: Great weight gain, large body fat gained. Get your diet clean and in order. However, if you do not feel the need, or do not want to eat cheat foods, then it is fine to stay on your diet 7 days per week. During the rest of the day, it is best to eat starchy vegetables (sweet potatoes, spinach, etc.) Fast absorbing carbohydrates mixed with a little bit of protein taken 15-30 minutes before a workout can also help to boost performance and reduce the amount of muscle protein that is broken down. Testosterone levels are important for building & maintaining muscle, as well as influencing fat loss. 8 week cutting diet. This article will go through how to set your diet and training plan for a bodybuilding cut. If it starts to significantly darken, it could be a sign of dehydration. The number of calories added will depend on your goal. The great thing about this plan is that it's all proven to work. In many people, the thirst mechanism is not a reliable measure of when water is needed. Getting immediate post workout nutrition can increase glucose uptake by as much as 6 times compared to a meal eaten 1-2 hours later. Some foods consist of protein but are unhealthy foods for the most part. It is essential for protein synthesis and facilitating the uptake up nutrients into muscle cells, among many other things. The tips that I have included should be something that everyone should become more familiar with, and eventually incorporate in their day to day lives. This diet plan will be based on a template, which you can fill in with the foods that are most preferable, or practical, as long as they meet the conditions listed. It's inexpensive and contains all vitamins and minerals needed in our diet. You'll be at a loss of energy during the day and constantly feel sleepy. During the cutting phase, try to munch on tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, broccoli, peppers, baby marrows, mushrooms, spinach, lettuce and other “wet” carb sources and go easier on starchier carbs such as pasta and rice. Bodybuilding.com℠ and BodySpace® are trademarks of Bodybuilding.com. Breakfast: About 15% Of Total Caloric Intake, All Other Pre Workout Meals and After 4-6 Hours After Workout, Pre-Workout Nutrition (Optional, but ideal), Post-Workout Nutrition (As soon as possible). The one week diet plan included in this guide can be sued over the entire 12-week training cycle provided to support fat loss and gains in lean body mass. gained per week. They think of calorie per day, or grams of protein per day, which is plain silly. However, if post workout nutrition is taken immediately, sensitivity can be maintained for several hours afterwards. Some protein ends up being burned as energy, because sufficient carbs were not available at that moment. Protein Synthesis is greatly increased by immediate post-workout nutrition. Great, your body and mind will thank you for it. Protein is needed just about all the time, but there are times when even more of it is needed. These carbs are broken down slowly in the body, thus do not spike insulin levels. Nutrient timing is much more important than overall ratios. Of course it will. This goes hand in hand with insulin sensitivity. As a general rule, your urine should stay clear or a very light yellow. I stopped eating bread, pasta, potatoes, pizza, etc. Counting calories takes time out of our busy day to day lifestyle, and requires more effort than what a simple task should call for. Your training and diet should reflect your goals. Recommendation: I currently drink Muscle Milk by Cytosport. I seriously think you look just about the same as I did when I started my cut 6 weeks ago. This is known as the "negative-calorie" effect. This foolproof cutting plan is part of the new book The Bodybuilder’s Kitchen , written by Erin Stern, a two-time Ms. Goal: Moderate weight loss, good preserver of muscle. It is also beneficial when taken occasionally throughout the day, as it can help boost protein synthesis due to its fast absorption. Maintaining a supply of protein is crucial for building muscle, and it is very important for fat loss and preventing muscle loss as well. Eggs and lean meats are OK as a source of fat, but make sure that these make up the smaller, rather than the larger share of your fat intake. Amazingly, many people who know this still pay little attention to moment-to-moment energy balance. Now this includes both body fat and muscle. Whey is the ideal choice for a protein source. Fats are very important, but it is also important to eat them at the right time. Not consuming enough food, or enough of the right foods will hinder your fat loss goals in many ways. The majority of them will either be stored as glycogen or fat. Although high levels of insulin can trigger more fat storage, moderate levels to not impede fat oxidation due to an increased metabolic rate. Proteins are made up of amino acids, and are used to build nearly every tissue in the body, including muscle. Trust me, six weeks is plenty of time for an athlete that isn't fat to get into contest or photo-shoot shape. This diet plan will be based on high & low carb days, which are based on workout days. Since most of us don't have unlimited funds to buy every supplement made, I've categorized supplements with what is needed most. However, extra muscle tissue was lost, and less fat was burned. However, this is a tool which must be used intelligently; it does not mean you can eat as much as you want. Lastly, you need to know when to consume these calories. Losing about ~1% of your bodyweight per week has times and … A meal plan is essential to building muscle, especially when bulking and cutting as a vegan bodybuilder. Very low carb, or ketogenic diets are a fairly popular method of weight loss. This means that if you consume 1000 calories of protein, the body must burn 300 calories just to digest that. Many people eat like birds in the morning and like wild beasts at night. You may notice on the nutritional labels that the "percent daily values" are based on a 2,000 calorie, a rough average of what people consume in a day. This isn't the way to balance your meals; your body needs nutrition throughout the day. Having a certain level of carbohydrates in the body is also important for sparing muscle tissue from catabolism. You'll start losing less body fat and more muscle. Get a good quality multivitamin, or a greens powder supplement. If you find you're having trouble fitting all the volume into your customary workout time, consider trying two-a-day workouts, where you train the big-gun muscles during the morning or early in the day, and do detail work like calves, abs, and arms at night. Carbohydrates are crucial for ideal performance in the gym. Your eight weeks of training will be split into two four-week phases. You probably know what you're doin (this was my first cut), so I'm sure you'll reach that goal. Post-workout nutrition is perhaps the most important meal of the day. Both of these dishes taste as good as they sound, bland and boring. I'll start with the three basic types of calorie: fat, carbohydrates, and protein. Yes gaining only muscle would be nice; however the fat will tag along. The diet plan consists of 5 solid meals and 3 protein shakes in between the meals. However, it would be rather easy to find one who did not actually consume enough. ), Approximate Weight Loss In 8 Weeks: 5.6 lbs, Approximate Weight Loss In 8 Weeks: 8 lbs, Approximate Weight Loss In 8 Weeks: 12.6 lbs, Approximate Weight Loss In 8 Weeks: 16 lbs, Approximate Weight Loss In 8 Weeks: 4.8 lbs, Approximate Weight Loss In 8 Weeks: 11.2 lbs, Approximate Weight Loss In 8 Weeks: 14.4 lbs, Two small sirloin steak cuts wrapped in whole wheat bread, Grilled, seasoned chicken breast with spicy mustard, Marinara sauce (or some other form of tomato sauce), Food Pyramid Project - Food Calorie Chart - mypyramid.gov, Roizen, Michael F. You On a Diet. No one is perfect, and I expect everyone to fall off the bandwagon once in awhile, but as long as you jump back on and make-up for any mistakes, then this diet will become even simpler. In just two months you’ll be unrecognizable. Relatively inexpensive and tasty, it is great for supplying your body with protein while you sleep. 1-2 grams of extra glutamine and BCAA's are also very beneficial. What is the best 8-week diet plan for a summer ready body? Goal: Large weight gain, moderate body fat gained. We talk more about this in this Vegan Bodybuilding guide. With regards to fat loss, they are especially important for hormonal production, including testosterone and thyroid hormones. We all want to lose weight fast, but starving yourself isn't the way to get it done, so stay at a maximum of a 1000 calorie deficit. #1 – Stop eating out. On the other hand, high levels at the wrong times can lead to increased fat storage. The regular consumption of protein can raise glucagon levels. In that case, good news: We’ve discovered a brand-new cutting meal plan designed by a former champion bodybuilder that delivers on both taste and nutrition. It is important to consume both carbohydrates and protein as soon as possible after a workout. Bodybuilding Diet Plan. Muscles need clear protein to grow. With the calculator I provided above along with the formulas mentioned, one is able to form a diet plan that works best for them. Optimally maintaining glycogen stores are important for sparing muscle proteins from breakdown, as well as optimizing performance in the gym. In the week before the show, you’ll vary the amount of carbs, sodium, and fluids to help your muscles get that ultra-cut, superlean look just in time for your moment in the spotlight. As a general rule, avoid fats close to the workout period, both before and after. After a workout, muscle sensitivity to carbohydrates is greatly increased. Military Press / Lateral Raises superset – 5×10,8,6,4,3 for Military press and 5×12 for lateral raises. Now let's look into the goody bag at what supplements can help us reach our eight week goal. This includes 8-week diet plans, comprehensive details on carbs, protein, supplements and much more! Don't leave it to the last minute. EFA's should always be a part of your diet, as they promote healthy cell function, maintain body temperature, and are the only way your body can absorb vitamins A, D, E, and K. An interesting note about fats is they contain 9 calories per gram, as opposed to 4 calories per gram for protein and carbohydrates. At the end of the day, weight was lost, because calories burned exceeded calories eaten. Remember to get post workout nutrition as soon as possible. After all if 1500 calories per day is your target, you cannot wake up in the morning and consume 1500 calories and nothing else for the day. Recommendation: I used Glucophase XR from Designer Supplements during my last cutting cycle. Moment-to-moment, or hourly energy balance is much more important that daily energy balance. No more hiding under sweats and hoodies. lost per week. Incline Dumbbell Bench / Bent Over Rows – 5×10,8,6,4,4 for incline bench. Supplements For 8-Week Cutting . 5×8,8,8,6,6 for Barbell rows. But you can increase your metabolic flux, or total calories taken in & burned in order to increase fat loss. Either way, many fruits & vegetables are highly thermogenic. Men often sit well below 10% body fat and women can drop down close to 12%, if not a little lower in some cases. 12%BF as I did the hydrostatic BF two weeks ago. For the most part saturated fats aren't good for you. Carbs should account for roughly 40 percent of total calories in the cutting phase. Refill as needed. Consume lots of low-calorie vegetables. If muscle mass makes you most insecure, you'd follow a bulking diet. Your basal metabolic rate (BMR) is the amount of energy your body needs to function at rest. I've given you all the knowledge on cutting and bulking for the upcoming summer and beyond. Carbohydrates are classified as either 'simple' or 'complex'. Generally speaking, protein has a thermic effect of approximately 30%. The whole aspect of counting calories on a day to day basis can cause even the leanest of guys or girls to give up eating all together. High repetitions with low weights are not required; high reps do not ‘tone muscle’ nor do they aid in the loss of fat. lost per week. Everyone understands the rule of thumb that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and that is simply because it is. Protein is used to repair muscle cells and to further build them. lost per week. Ideally, one should consume most of their fats from certain polyunsaturated and monounsaturated sources. Having full glycogen stores also sends triggers that directly & indirectly result in greater fat oxidation. Essential aminos are ones that cannot be synthesized from other amino acids, and must be supplied in the diet. You must eat fewer calories than you burn to lose weight. So obviously, we want fast absorbing & fast digesting nutrients. Fish oil will support a healthy metabolism. For 20 pounds or more, start cutting 4-5 months ahead. The most important part of a diet is making it sustainable and adherable to. There are 20 main amino acids, 10 of which are essential amino acids. Whether you've began dieting for the summer or not, a change can always be made and yes, results can be seen before summer starts. As there is no single diet that is best for everyone, you will be better able to adjust a diet plan after reading these things. This is true to a certain extent. However, that little phrase, 'calories than you burn', is highly modifiable. Possibly little to no fat may have been burned. Change bench angle from upright to more horizontal each set. Food ), 1/3 of starchy carbs (Whole grains, pasta, whole grain bread, oats, baked potatoes, etc. Most proteins have a very high thermogenic effect. Furthermore you would like to have a supplement that supports your metabolism while you do nothing. ... Sammy Smalls is now two weeks into his bodybuilding diet. It can also stimulate the breakdown of lipolysis (fat breakdown). Creatine is a must-have for anyone looking to increase their muscle mass. Learn from the experts in the business! What is the best 8-week diet plan for a summer ready body? This is where high calorie protein shakes come in to play. Not paying attention to this, and thinking that you are good to go just because you met your macro. Most people make the mistake of setting a fixed number as their 'maintenance' point, and counting all calories towards a set number that a bit below it. It can be followed by a toddler, a sumo-wrestler, a grandma, or even the average Joe. And we’ve constructed a meal plan for 3 days low carb and 1 day of high carb eating. Instead, with 8 weeks of hard work and determination, we can all walk out onto those sandy beaches with confidence, and maybe a few women tagging alongside. There are some that know it is helpful, but are unaware of just how important it really is. Nor do you need to spend hours trying to uncover the next crazy and exotic diet plan. Or, when wanting to build muscle, they train with extremely heavy loads, low volumes, and they avoid carbs. You will have to adjust your diet according to your schedule. ), Your choice of fruits and or vegetables from the list, 1/3 of starchy vegetables and/or fruits (greens, sweet potato, salad, etc. This means fat is the most dense in energy (calories). The number of calories the body consumes in a day varies from person to person. Follow this basic 8 week cutting plan to help with your cutting goals. He has been eating 2500 calories per day, which includes 139 grams of protein, 56 grams of fat, and 361 grams of carbs. Whether you're bulking or cutting, creatine will allow you to lift more weight for more reps. Creatine forces the production of ATP energy (Adenosine-triphosphate) which allows greater duration for short bursts of energy. Well not really, if you diet slow and proper you'll lose about 90% body fat and 10% muscle. So you're going to add a certain amount of calories to that number to get your weight gain amount. The body has greater needs for certain nutrients at certain times. Both these will help support your diet by controlling urges to eat, and promote a healthy metabolism. By lunchtime you're pretty hungry and could consume a meal of 900 calories (about the amount of a burger, fries, and soft drink). View Multivitamins Products Sorted By Top Sellers Here. In fact, it can be increased immensely vs. a meal eaten 1-2 hours later. The 8-week shred program is built around five different phases. As I mentioned above, whey and casein are the most popular proteins; whey for immediate digestion and casein for slow digestion. I believe this carb blocker contributed to my great body fat loss, it helped me with those times where I had no choice but to eat a meal high in carbs. Drink enough water. If you had to get in a swimming suit at this very moment, what about your body would make you most hesitant to do so? Protein is classified into many categories, however in the bodybuilding world whey and casein are the most known. bread, milk, ham, turkey, chicken, cheese, lettuce. Thus eating 10 grams of fat will give you over 2 times as much energy as 10 grams of carbohydrates or protein. Goal: Small weight gain, least body fat gained. I plan on taking it again for my next cutting cycle. Recommendation: I currently use Superpump 250 by Gaspari Nutrition and cannot be more pleased. The summer is steadily approaching and now is the time to start getting ready for those three beautiful months when everyone will want to have their tops off. Here we will briefly cover the macronutrients, their role in the body, and basic consumption guidelines. In addition to the targeted diet, various supplements can also help. The protein source should be a mix of fast absorbing & slow absorbing protein. This 8-week workout plan to get ripped promises maximum shredability. About 1.6 lbs. Except for a few cases, there really are no best foods. My main suggestion on this 8 week diet plan is to remember the supplement staples: All three of these supplements should, even without a diet, become a part of an everyday supplement regime. gained per week. Protein is important throughout the entire day, but there is an increased need for it after a workout, certain amino acids in particular. The types of carbs which are best were covered in the previous section. There is simply no need to create a different plan for every day of the week, or to list specific food types. These ratios are only a guideline, and are not set in stone. I've added a chart below where you can choose your weight loss goal plus the approximate weight loss in eight weeks. With this plan, a person can lose significant amounts of body fat and actually understand why they are losing fat. You should try to fill your daily carbohydrate consumption with as much complex carbohydrates and as little simple carbohydrates as possible. Have a solid supplementation plan in place. Allow for 4 cheat meals in 8 weeks to have something to look forward to and break the monotony. 5. By Lee Hayward. This gives us 2134 calories as our "BMR". Here's An Example: say you only eat three times a day, by lunchtime you're pretty hungry and could consume a meal of 900 calories (about the amount of a burger, fries, and soft drink). Incline Barbell Bench Press / Pull Ups superset – 5×10,8,6,4,2 for bench and 5x as many reps as possible (AMRAP) for pull-ups, Incline Dumbbell Bench / Bent Over Barbell Rows superset – 5×10,8,6,4,2 for Incline dumbbell bench press and 5×10,8,8,6,6 for rows, Incline Dumbbell Flyes – 4×10,8,6,6 (slight incline), Cable Crossovers / Pull Downs superset – 5×10 for both. About 2 lbs. This goes hand in hand with glucose uptake and glycogen re-synthesis. Although I am not an avid fan of dieting pills, I will recommend two products that I have tried personally, Controlled Labs Red Acid, and Controlled Labs Black Hole. When preparing a meal, we should all be well educated enough to know what a nutritious meal consists of; however, most of us will ignore our intelligence, and allow our taste buds to do most of the decision making. For now it's time to discuss how to form a diet for bulking. If you make a plain salad, you get a plain salad. Even many bodybuilders make many mistakes which hinder their progress. However, there is increased need for it after a workout. Recommendation: I prefer to take regular Creatine Monohydrate mixed in protein shakes or grape juice. The most readily used energy source out of the three basic types of calories. So, we’ve created an awesome cutting diet with high and low carb days. Note the approximate weight gain is calculated from a surplus of calories and does not include water weight gain, something which can be influenced from various factors such as sodium and creatine intake. Next, multiply the number you from step 1 by the following: So with the example above, and with exercise 6 times per week, we get 2134 X 1.725 = 3681, 3681 - 15% = 3129 (3681 X .15 = 552 & 3681 - 552 = 3129). After abstaining from sugar for several weeks, I took it a step further and cut all carbohydrates from my diet. Nearly every bodybuilder understands on some level that eating smaller, more frequent meals is important. Our 4-week cutting diet plan can be adjusted based on how much calories your deficit permits you to consume. If needed, monitor your progress so that you may have a reminder of what you have accomplished since the beginning. By eating more, you burn more total calories, and more fat is burned as a result. Protein is classified into many categories, however in the bodybuilding world whey and casein are the most known. Well it's good to keep fats 15-25% of your diet. Cutting Diet Plan. It's your job to regulate how much fat you'll gain during these eight weeks of bulking though. All rights reserved. The timing of it is very important as well. There are many common mistakes that can hinder fat loss results. Let's begin! This will help to provide many of the vitamins & minerals your body needs. When effort is not made to drink enough water, it is easy to fall far short of the optimal amount.